Best. Headline. EVAR. No, I am not even kidding. Story here.
Apparently, 44 people were sickened and 3 people died from fugu poisoning in Japan last year, usually from preparing puffer fish at home. This particular incident took place in a restaurant in which the sushi chef was not licensed to prepare the dish. Fortunately, all the diners survived, or I’d feel horrible about the mocking headline.
Okay, honestly, I was giggling before I even found out they were all still alive. My mind kept visualising the funerals…. “It’s how he would’ve wanted to go…” Can you see it? I mean, I grant you, you wouldn’t care once you were dead, but can you see YOUR significant other explaining to people that you died eating fish testicles? I can actually see my friends’ faces as the darling man delivered the news; all of them nodding and trying not to smile, thinking “yup, that sounds about right…”